Updated: This FIFA 22 patch is available for download now on PS5 and PS4.
Original story: The next big update of FIFA 22 – Title Update # 9 – remove the teams and Russian stages of the game, following the actual actions of the directors of football, who saw the Russian teams suspended from all European competitions. It was in response to the continued invasion of Ukraine by Russia.
Updating Title No. 9 is not yet available on PlayStation consoles, but EA Sports indicates that it will be deployed “at a later date”. We doubt it’s very far away.
Specific update notes read:
- The selection of the favorite club has been replaced by the PSG if the Russian national team or any other Russian team has already been selected.
- Deleting the Otkritie Bank arena.
- Removal of the Russian national team and other Russian teams.
* The selections of players and goalkeepers of the arena have been replaced by PSG players if players from the Russian national team or any other Russian team were previously selected.
The Russian national team and other Russian teams are no longer available in any competition when starting a new backup in career mode.
- As a result, these teams will not be present in any competition and players can not be offered a management contract for the Russian national team.
Kit selections have been changed for PSG if the Russian national team or any other Kit of the Russian team has been previously selected.
- Players can select different kits.
- The selection of the stadium has been replaced by the default pro clubs stadium if the Otkritie Bank Arena was previously selected.
- Players can select a different stage.
- Deleting the customization elements of the stadium on the theme of Russia.
We will update this article when the hotfix is available for download on PS5 and PS4.